A DESCRIPTIONOF CURRENTFACILITIES AND SERVICES OFFEREDAT
HOME FARM BED & BREAKFAST
Home Farm is situated in the small peaceful village of Sudborough. We offer complete privacy to up to four guests in our newly restored barn, situated in our large landscaped gardens, just 3 meters from the back of our house. Although the barn is at ground level, it is located on a hill, so there are steps between all the rooms, and also in the garden. It is, therefore, unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Pre-Arrival • We are located in the centre of a quiet village. Our location is not ideally suited to those travelling without a car. • The nearest shops are at Thrapston, about 3 miles away. • Our nearest railway station is Corby about 10 minutes away, or Wellingborough, Kettering or Huntingdon, taking between 20 and 30 minutes by car. • There are few local taxi companies. It is, therefore, advisable to book one in advance. I can do this for you. • We regret that we do not accommodate pets. • Our website www.homefarmsudborough.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide. • You can contact me by telephone or e-mail. Please see the "Contact Information" section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities • Please advise me of your expected arrival time so that I am ready to welcome you. • To ensure your accommodation is ready, I ask that guests do not normally arrive before 5pm. An earlier time may be possible by arrangement. • On arrival, please park in the road outside the house and enter through the small gate signed 'Home Farm House'. • I will then show you where your car may be parked. This is up a drive which leads to a secure parking area. • I can provide up to 2 parking spaces in this area.
• The surface is flat and covered with stones, however there are paved steps leading down the garden from the parking area to the barn. • This area is well lit at night. • I can assist guests with luggage, which can also be dropped off through an alternative entrance prior to parking. • There is an alternative entry gate next to the barn with a small step down to a paved walkway, and then 4 steps up to the main entry door of the barn.
Main Entrance & Reception • There are 3 separate entrances to the barn. • The main entrance into the hallway is accessed through a side gate, 84cm wide, down a 12cm step into the garden, along a paved walkway, up 3 steps 20cm high and 34cm wide and then a further 15cm high 76cm wide step to the main door. The steps are flanked by a hand high brick wall. • There is another entry door directly into the double bedroom, at the top of the first three 20cm high steps. • There is an entry door, which is more accessible, directly into the breakfast room accessed via the driveway. The door is 1mtr wide with a 5cm step. • The exterior of the barn is well lit. • The bedroom entrance to the barn is 3 meters from the house. I can be contacted by ringing the back door bell.
Public Areas - General (Internal) • The barn is built on a hill, so there are steps between the rooms. • From the entrance hall, minimum 83cm wide, there are three well spaced steps of 13cm in height, leading to the breakfast room. • The entrance to the shower room is on the same level. • The entrance to the double bedroom has a step down of 8cm. • There are signs indicating steps within the building and a hand rail for the 3 largest steps, up to 19cm high, between the breakfast area and lounge. • The barn has fitted carpets throughout, except the breakfast room, which is tiled.
Public Areas - WC • As the barn is self-contained, there is no public WC.
Breakfast Room • A self-service continental breakfast is left in the breakfast room for you to have at leisure. • There is a fridge with small freezer, cooker, microwave, toaster and kettle. • There is a sink with easy slide mixer taps. • Work surfaces are granite. • The floor is tiled.
• A selection of complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits are supplied for the duration of your stay. • There is a square table and 4 chairs without arms, all of which can be easily moved. • The First aid kit and Fire extinguisher and torch are all located in the breakfast room.
• There is an iron and ironing board and sewing kit selection.
• There are 3 steps up to the lounge area with hand rail. • The lounge area is open from the breakfast room and has a 2ft 6inch wide futon, and a 3ft wide single bed. • There is a double wardrobe with 3 drawers and 2 bedside cabinets. • There is a nest of 3 tables which can easily be moved. • There is a small bedroom chair.
• The lounge has a fitted carpet. • There is a TV with freeview channel selection and DVD player with a selection of classic films. • There is a selection of local information, maps, books and games.
Laundry • Not available in the barn, but can be arranged by request.
Shop • Not available,
Bedrooms • The double bedroom is on the ground floor, although there is a shallow step down from the entrance hall. • This room has a double bed divan 4ft 6ins wide.
• There are 2 bedside lights and a third light on the dressing table, as well as a centre main light. • There is a hair dryer next to the dressing table. • The bed is made with a feather duvet. • There is a double wardrobe, dressing table, bedside cabinet and shelved cupboard. • This room has a fitted carpet.
• This room has an exit door from the building.
Shower-room & WC • The shower-room is located adjacent to the bedroom from the hallway. • There is an electric shower with corner entry. • There is a toilet and sink with individual easy slide taps.
• This room has a fitted carpet.
Grounds and Gardens • We have a large garden which slopes upwards, with 2 areas of lawn separated by steps. • There are flower beds, an orchard, an ornamental fish pond and a natural well. • There is a bench overlooking the pond. • There is a garden table and chairs on a patio area up one more step towards the parking area. Guests are welcome to smoke here, and an old fire bucket has been provided. • Both are accessed via a walkway and steps from the barn. There is a brick wall either side of the steps at hand level. • Guests are welcome to use both seating areas at any time. • There is lighting in these areas at night.
Additional Information • There are 3 exit doors from the barn in the event of an emergency evacuation. • The keys are hung next to all doors, and any windows with locks, except the main entry door which is provided on arrival. • The fire extinguisher is fixed to the wall under the work surface in the breakfast room. • We do not permit smoking in the barn, but guests may smoke in the garden and an old fire bucket has been provided next to the garden bench. • We do not permit dogs or cats in the barn. • There is a fridge in the breakfast room should guests require to refrigerate medication. • Mobile phone reception is not good. You may get a signal at the top of the garden. • We provide a wireless internet connection. • We are happy to take delivery of hired equipment.
Home Farm House,
Northants, NN14 3BX
Telephone: 01832 730488.
When not at home this number will either divert to our mobile or go through to an answer phone.
Hours of operation: We are open all year but do take occasional days off.
Local public transport numbers:
Bus traveline 0871 200 2233
National Rail enquiries 08457 48 49 50
Local accessible taxi numbers:
Hayletts 01832 735485
Hearn Cars 01832 733618
Charter Cars 01832 734333
Exclusive Cars 01536 525254
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide, do not hesitate to contact us.
Home Farm Barn B&B
Home Farm House
+44 (0)1832 730488
or email on: